Yangzhou University MBBS Program
The history of College of Medicine of Yangzhou University can be traced back to as early as 1950. The predecessor of the college is Subei Health School, which grew into Yangzhou in 1958 and then Yangzhou Medical College in 1984. From 2006, the College started to offer the five-year undergraduate program in clinical medicine (MBBS) to international students.
College of Medicine of Yangzhou University now offers 1 first-level doctorate program (clinical discipline of Chinese and western integrative medicine), 6 first-level master’s programs (basic medical sciences, clinical medicine, preventive medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical discipline of Chinese and western integrative medicine), 45 second-level master’s programs (human anatomy and histoembryology, physiology, immunology, pathology and pathophysiology, pharmacology, internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, dermatology, medical imaging and nuclear medicine, science of Chinese traditional medicine, basic and clinical discipline of Chinese and western integrative medicine, etc.) and one 1 professional degree program (clinical medicine). College of Medicine of Yangzhou University college is among the colleges that were authorized by Ministry of Education to enroll foreign undergraduate student of clinical discipline.
Yangzhou University (YZU) is a key comprehensive provincial university, who pioneered in China in the merging of institution of higher learning. The University was established in 1992 as a merger of 6 colleges namely Teachers College of Yangzhou, Agricultural College of Jiangsu, Engineering College of Yangzhou, Medical College of Yangzhou, Water Conservancy Engineering College of Jiangsu and Business School of Jiangsu. Former Chinese President Jiang Zemin calligraphed the name for YZU and Li Lanqing, former Chinese Vice-Premier inspected YZU five times. Many leaders from the Ministry of Education and Jiangsu Provincial Government have visited YZU, giving instruction and guidance.
The history of Yangzhou University can be traced back to as early as 1902, when Mr. Zhang Jian, a renowned modern businessman and educator set up the Teachers School of Tongzhou and Tonghai Agricultural School (which became part of Nantong College later). The former Agricultural College of Jiangsu and Teachers Colleges of Yangzhou, 2 components of the YZU merger, were developed out of the agriculture section of Nantong College and of the literature and history section of Teachers College of Tongzhou respectively.